Saturday, May 04, 2019

Elizabeth Byrd


Elizabeth Ann Byrd
August 23, 1992 - May 23, 2001
Age: 8 years old 


Elizabeth Ann Byrd was born on August 23, 1992 in Arizona, USA. She was a kind, loving child who especially enjoyed music. She wanted to be a famous singer when she grew up.

On the morning of May 23, 2001, 8 year old Elizabeth left the trailer where she lived with her mother at approximately 8:00 a.m. to go to school.  A man by the name of Steven Newell approached Elizabeth while she was walking.  Elizabeth knew him, because he had dated her older sister for a few months.  Elizabeth told him that she was late for school and she couldn't talk to him.  Steven then persuaded her to take a "short cut" to school through a field with irrigation ditches. Once the two were out of sight of others, Steven attacked Elizabeth, first raping her and then taking a strap from her backpack and strangling her with it.  After Elizabeth was dead, Newell wrapped her body in a carpet and threw her into a water-filled drainage ditch.

Steven Newell was arrested approximately two weeks later.  He admitted to raping the little girl and wrapping the strap around her neck, but he denied killing her. On February 26, 2004, Steven Newell was found guilty of Elizabeth's murder and sentenced to death. RIP  Elizabeth. 






9 comments:

  1. That poor little girl, she could've been pursuing her dreams of becoming a singer. She could've written HUNDREDS of songs had she not been kidnapped and murdered. She touched my heart right away after I saw she wanted to be a singer when she grew up, especially realizing she won't be able to be famous on Earth. Heaven must've immediately given Elizabeth a microphone and/or a guitar. Rest in Peace, Elizabeth. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's dead at the age my baby sister is rn. I would hunt hunt down anyone who would do this to heršŸ˜”. However she's in a better place now than she would be down her as an adult. It's been a while but Ill keep her family in prayer since its so close to Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me cry, how terrible to happen to a little angel with all her life, hopes and dreams taken away by a monster. RIP beautiful child, So sorry for her family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love and Miss you LizBeth!
    I will always remember you running up to hug me when I would come visit Cheryl. Always had to buy her and her brother Jason an Ice-keem from the ice-keem twuck!
    Rest Peacefully

    ReplyDelete
  5. She died 8 years exactly before I was born

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to school with the murderer , hhe used to ride the same bus as I did ... He was an animal on the bus .... I can remember him being a fool on the bus RIP lil angel We will always remember you

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss my sister so much, its been over 20 years and it still hurts so much thinking of her, I still lookup Steven to see if they will put him down soon. He has lived more then twice her age on death row.

    ReplyDelete